Monday, June 11, 2012

Weigh to go!

      So today, I started a food blog. I have been following food blogs for some time now, and I always get the very best recipes from them; I honestly don't even use cookbooks anymore. Plus it's so handy being able to see new recipes by following them on Facebook or elsewhere. I dont even have to go looking for food, it's shoved in my face. This could not make me happier. well, unless the food was literally and not just digitally shoved in my face, but let's not get down to technicalities.
       
   I really can't wait to get this blog going, but it is going to take a big of time before it has cute pictures, categories, and everything else I expect from a blog. I am actually having a pretty tough time figuring this whole thing out in the first place so bear with me as I try to get this more interesting.


      I also got a kitchen scale in the mail today! I have been needing one of these bad boys for awhile now, and I finally bought one. I wanted a different one that had tempered glass and was all fancy looking, but they wouldn't ship to APO's. When will companies learn that they could make so much more money if they just appeased military families and weren't such commies? So instead, I bought this one. 

   weigh 35 grams of cream cheese danish. Apply directly to thighs. repeat.


      I happened to have borrowed this exact one from a friend a few weeks ago when I was making raspberry macaroons, so I wasn't too worried about ordering a different one anyway. I can't wait to break in this bad boy...I might just have a new blog post soon enough. Would it be weird to purposefully search the internet for foreign recipes in order to measure out grams? Yes, definitely No, I dont think so...


-Sweet Sarah  





Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. A lot of blogs say that weighing is so much more accurate and produces better food when baking too! Like weighing out the flour and crap. Every once in awhile I run into a recipe set in grams. Can't wait for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where is the recipe for rasbetry macaroons? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to catch up and add a bunch of recipes from the past, but I'll definitely put it up soon :)

    ReplyDelete