Thursday, June 14, 2012

Slow Cooked Smoky Chipotle Brown Sugar Chicken Sandwiches


         This recipe doesn't really need a story; it's just amazing. Well, maybe I should warn you that although chipotle peppers in adobo sauce smell delicious and more like candy, they are still hot. Only add more if you can stand the heat! 


Slow Cooked Smoky Chipotle Brown Sugar Chicken Sandwiches




1 Lb  boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 red onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
1 (15 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
1 tsp, or to taste,  liquid smoke


Directions:
 Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
 With a blender or a food processor, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken.
 Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred using 2 forks and serve on sandwich buns, in tortillas, on salads, etc.

serves 4-6 

-Sweet Sarah


Found at The Sweets Life

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I was debating between this and bbq beer chicken, and made the other. It was decent but I bet this would be better. I wonder if I can get away with using a blender? I still don't have a food processor :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think the blender would be fine for this, its all mushy stuff. but you really need to get one!! I was thinking of doing a beer chicken sandwich i found on....actually i dont remember but i think how sweet.....soon!

      Delete