Monday, June 18, 2012

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps


      I don't know about you, but the food I probably crave the most especially after a rough night is a cheeseburger. The other day I stumbled across these wraps, and knew I would love them. So, I summoned the George Foreman grill from it's bottom-of-the-closet grave, and went to work.

    The great thing about these, just like all my favorite Mexican dishes, is the versatility of the meal. You can customize the toppings and even the type of meat you use to fit your taste or waistline. For the meat, you can use ground beef, turkey, or meat replacements such as morning star's ground veggie mix.
 
     I chose to only top my wrap with onions and tomatoes, but feel free to reach for the stars on this one. You can add lettuce, jalapenos, mushrooms, or any other thing you typically eat with your burger. You could even mix it up and do swiss and mushroom!

   Well anyway, let's get down to the important stuff. Here is the basic cheeseburger recipe.



Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps 





1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used a little more to taste)
2 Tablespoons ketchup
pepper and salt to taste
5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
approx.1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
diced tomatoes
diced Onions
yellow mustard
ketchup for topping



Directions


Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard and/or ketchup on top of the beef along with onions and tomatoes. Add any favorite topping at this stage. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my George Foreman). 





Roughly 10 Weight Watcher's Points+ per wrap, depending on the cheese and tortilla you use 



-Sweet Sarah 



Adapted from Semi-Homemade Mom



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment