Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Ranch Florentine Tostadas

      If there's any specific type if dish I enjoy making the most, and usually do on a weekly basis, its tex-mex/mexican/anything involving cilantro and avocados. Recently I found a new take on tostadas and I was excited to try it. So last night, I had two hungry men over before we headed out to go see the Dictator and I made these bad boys.

      I didn't think I could eat these chicken enchiladas without some sauce or toppings to go with it, so I ammended this recipe to my likings. The great thing about this kind of stuff is that you can really do whatever it is you want with them! Sour cream, guacamole, cheese, whatever the case. Or perhaps, all three :)



Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Ranch Florentine Tostadas 

oozing guacamole, overflowing melted cheese....sorry what was I talking about again?

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Cups chopped fresh spinach leaves
2 Cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1 Garlic clove
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
½- 1 tsp dry Ranch Seasoning
1/2 Chopped red onion 
1/2 Cup prepared salsa of choice
6 Corn Tortillas

Directions

  Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.  Saute spinach until leaves wilt.  Stir in chicken, garlic, cumin, salt, chopped onions, ranch seasoning and salsa.  Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
Three options for heating the tortillas:
Fry in a pan of oil 
 or
  Heat small skillet over medium heat.  When hot add tortilla.  Cook for 30 seconds then flip and cook second side for another 30 seconds.  When lightly browned on both sides remove.  Cook remaining tortillas.

Or my preferred method-

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray tortillas on both sides and arrange on baking tray. Bake for 2-4 minutes on each side or until done. If desired, add a handful of cheese to each tostado and bake until melted. This step can also be done after you top the tostada with the chicken mixture.

I suggest adding any guacamole or sour cream  directly on the tortilla and then topping with chicken mixture when done, and adding any other toppings,such as vegetables, on top of the chicken mixture. 
 Serve with salsa if desired.

6 servings




Update: 
I ran out of guacamole when I ate the leftovers, So I just did cheese and sour cream. They came out just as delicious! You really can do just about anything. 


-Sweet Sarah


Adapted from Picky Palate

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment