Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hot and Sticky Wings

      To my knowledge, I have never had wings until I was approximately 21 years old. There may be one time in Oakland when I had just graduate high school that I might have had some, but I can't be too sure. These bad boys.....these were my inaugural wings. The flagship recipe. The most tasty things that delectably fall off the bone and slide their gooey way into your heart. They are






Hot Sticky Wings  

Couple more hours to go...
I don't have a picture of them completely cooked, because they didn't last that long in my house...so here is Food Network's picture.


Ingredients

  • 3 pounds chicken wings
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot-pineapple preserves (recommended: Smuckers)
  • 2 tablespoons citrus herb seasoning
  • 2 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
  • 1 jalapeno, finely diced
  • 1/4 Cup honey, optional or to taste

Directions

Light broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. Rinse wings with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place wings on baking sheet skin-side up.Broil wings for 8 to 10 minutes while preparing sauce. NOTE: this step can be omitted, but produces a better tasting wing.
Place wings in the crock of 4 quart slow cooker. In a bowl, stir to combine remaining ingredients. Pour over wings and stir to coat. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.


-Sweet Sarah 


Adapted from Hot and Sticky Wings


Pin It!

1 comment: