Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cinnamon, Toffee & Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Cinnamon chips. 

      How long of these existed? Why didn't I know? Why did I have to keep seeing recipe after recipe that involved them when the internet should know good and well that the commissary doesn't carry them? I literally had to have my people mail me these, and mail them they did. I was a giddy little girl the day I opened up the package with my Daddy's name on it because I knew what it was. And as they say, Dad knew best: He sent me three bags! 

So for my first cinnamon chip recipe, I chose these



Cinnamon, Toffee, & Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 




½ cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1 1/4 c. flour
Dash of cinnamon
1 1/4 c. oats
2/3 Cup Cinnamon Chips*
2/3 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
2 Heath bars-chopped

*You may need to eyeball these amounts. I did not write down my exact measurements so I don't exactly remember. Will update as soon as I figure out the perfect combination

Directions
Beat butter in mixer until soft. Add in sugars, eggs , and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, soda, flour, and dash of cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients. Mix it up! Add your oats and then your chips and Heath chunks.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes! Don’t let them get too done…they are better when they are soft and can get hard fast. 
Makes roughly 2 dozen.

-Sweet Sarah  

Found Modified from  Two Peas and Their Pod

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love those cinnamon chips!! I've been using them to drizzle over oatmeal cookies but I want to try this too. I need to find the cinnamon chips again, I hope Walmart still has them.

    ReplyDelete