Monday, June 18, 2012

Skinny Mexican Pizza


     While I try and add roughly 1,000 previous recipes to my blog, I've noticed a demand for skinny recipes over and over again. I promise I have a good amount, but I guess they've just been pushed to the way-side since I've started trying to get my blog put together.

     Here is one I really like to hold some of you over in the meantime.

     If you're not familiar with Hungry Girl (which I suggest to anyone trying to eat healthier meals or lose weight), they do what they call a "swap," where they take a horribly fatty and heavenly meal and give it a health makeover. I was really hesitant to try a recipe with "fake meat" or vegitarian ground beef but it actually is pretty good I really liked it! One great thing for dieters is they typically list the Weight Watchers points directly on the recipe. Here is there makeover of  one of Taco Bell's popular meals.


Skinny Mexican Pizza




Two 6-inch corn tortillas
1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (likethe kinds by Boca and Morningstar Farms)
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
2 tbsp. fat-free refried beans
2 tbsp. taco sauce
3 tbsp. shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1/4 cup chopped tomato
small handful of chopped green onions

Makes one serving*


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Lay tortillas on the baking sheet, side by side, and bake for 6 minutes. Flip tortillas. Bake until crispy, about 6 more minutes. Leave oven on.

Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add soy crumbles and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.

Spread 1 tortilla with refried beans. Top with seasoned soy crumbles, followed by the other tortilla.

In a small bowl, mix taco sauce with remaining 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning. Spread the top tortilla with seasoned sauce, and sprinkle with cheese and tomato.

Bake until sauce is hot and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. 

Serve with fat free refried beans, blackeans, or anything else!


Calories: 254
Fat: 6.5g
Sodium: 803mg
Carbs: 34.5g
Fiber: 6.5g
Sugars: 3.5g
Protein: 16.5g

PointsPlus
® value 6*





-Sweet Sarah




Found at Hungry Girl

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment