Monday, January 14, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Bars

    
   
       So, I totally have been not blogging for a couple months... I am horrible. Obviously, I've still been eating and luckily, I've still been taking pictures so that once I DO start blogging (as in right now), I at least will still be able to add on all the delicious things I've been eating.

My really good friend, who is a big workout fanatic, requested I start making healthier things since all I ever do is stuff all of my friends full of carbs, sugar, fats, rinse, repeat (get it? I think I'm so clever). Luckily for him, I knew of a really delicious and super nutritious protein bar recipe, thanks to another friend from work.


These bars take a little extra work, but they're super good and incredibly healthy, you'll be pleasantly surprised. These bars are from www.bodybuilding.com and there are several other delicious recipes and flavors they have; I LOVE the cinnamon ones but have not made them personally yet. On another yet relevant note, Jamie Eason is a crazy godlike creature that must be from another planet. That is all. Now here are the bars!



Pumpkin Protein Bars


Nutrition Facts:

Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein 




Ingredients:

½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)*
1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground clove
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
2 C oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
½ cup almond milk
½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
*You can use any sugar/sugar combination you want



     Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.





From Jamie Eason at Bodybuilding.com



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment